We rely heavily on volunteer support at Milestones. We need volunteers to help during lessons with our horses and riders, as well as to keep the program up and running. Wherever your talents lie, Milestones could use your help.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please download, complete, and fax or email the Volunteer App 2018 to Milestones. All Volunteers must pass a background check and attend a training program before being admitted into the program. Please call 859-694-7669 if you are interested in registering for training. Milestones is a welcoming environment that provides a great place to learn about horses and our special needs students.
What to know before you come:
- You will be on your feet: sturdy gym shoes or boots are required – no open toe shoes.
- Because we ride inside and outside and the weather cannot be predicted – dress in layers.
- Shorts or long pants are acceptable.
- Gloves are not required but can be more comfortable if you are leading horses or the weather is cold.
- If you volunteer in the fall or winter, dress appropriately. We will be going outside.
Volunteer Training Schedule for 2018:
- Saturday, April 7 – 3:00 to 5:00 pm
- Saturday, July 7 – 3:00 to 5:00pm
- Saturday, September 29 – 3:00 to 5:00pm